Uncompromising Patient Safety
At Gryskiewicz Twin Cities Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Joe Gryskiewicz is passionate about maximizing your safety and comfort throughout the entire treatment process. The quality of your care is our top priority, and we do not take the responsibility of your health, well-being, and appearance lightly. When you entrust our Minneapolis practice with your aesthetic goals, you can rest assured that your procedure will take place with uncompromising standards of safety and diligence.
Our Surgical Facility
The accredited facility where we perform our cosmetic surgery procedures is fully equipped with the latest equipment and FDA-approved technologies to provide a seamless, high-quality treatment experience. As our surgical facility is connected to a hospital, the team at Gryskiewicz Twin Cities Cosmetic Surgery excels in offering robust patient care and utilizing trusted, up-to-date techniques to minimize the likelihood of complications, such as blood clots and infection. A board-certified anesthesiologist and anesthetist are among our skilled medical team and surgery staff, both of whom are present for every procedure to ensure you are receiving the appropriate amount of sedation. The rigorous safety standards upheld by our surgical center, as well as the meticulous precautionary measures undertaken by our staff, allow Minneapolis patients a clean, sterile, and private environment to achieve their cosmetic goals.
How Can I Ensure the Safety of My Procedure?
Dr. Joe, our board-certified plastic surgeon, understands that—at first glance—patients may not know how to assess whether a practice offers top-notch service or subpar levels of care. In researching the best cosmetic surgery provider to fulfill your goals, the following tips may be able to help safeguard your procedure:
- Ask where the surgery will take place. Cosmetic procedures can either be performed at a private surgery center or in a hospital. Usually, hospital facilities meet high standards of quality care, but outpatient surgery centers accredited by the AAAASF can also demonstrate rigorous safety standards. One benefit of an independent surgery center can be privacy—some patients do not wish to have their name placed on a surgery schedule at a hospital. In these cases, you can request to use a pseudonym to keep your identity private. No matter which surgery center your surgeon proposes, ensure the facility is fully accredited.
- Ask about a doctor’s hospital privileges. Although some procedures can be safely performed at a surgeon’s practice or in an ambulatory surgical facility, be sure to ask your surgeon whether they hold operating privileges at an accredited hospital. These privileges are awarded only after the hospital’s credentialing committee has closely vetted a plastic surgeon’s training and competency. Dr. Joe was the chief of surgery at a major hospital in the Twin Cities and spent subsequent years on the hospital’s quality assurance committee, as well as their credential reviewing committee. If your prospective surgeon doesn’t hold hospital privileges, it’s generally in your best interest to look for another doctor. In situations that leave you uncertain about a surgeon’s answer regarding hospital privileges, you can call the hospital’s medical affairs office for confirmation.
- If your procedure is not being performed in a hospital, ask your prospective surgeon whether their outpatient facility is accredited. If the answer is no, you should be wary of the level of care a surgeon can provide. Be sure to ask about the availability of life-saving equipment and the facility’s medical staff, which should ideally consist of registered nurses.
- Ask who administers anesthesia during your procedure. It is not uncommon for plastic surgery practices to utilize a nurse anesthetist rather than a credentialed anesthesiologist during surgery. At Gryskiewicz Twin Cities Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Joe works with a board-certified anesthesiologist for every procedure to ensure you are properly sedated and monitored at every stage of the process.
- Ask about a surgeon’s experience performing your specific procedure. It is generally true that the more frequently a plastic surgeon performs a specific surgery, the more refined the outcome is likely to be. Don’t hesitate to ask about a doctor’s training and whether they pursue ongoing education, a quality that can suggest familiarity with the latest techniques. You can also inquire about a procedure’s success and satisfaction rate. An experienced plastic surgeon usually has no problem showcasing evidence of their expertise performing a particular procedure, if requested by a patient.
- Ask to see before-and-after photos. Seeing results of a plastic surgeon’s previous work can help you manage your expectations and give you an idea of the final outcome. Dr. Joe has albums filled with pre- and post-operative photos available for your perusal during a consultation, as well as an expansive online patient gallery that you can explore from the comfort of your own home. Never be afraid to ask your doctor to see the results previously achieved with a given procedure. You may also ask for a contact list of previous patients who have consented to discuss their experience with you.
Dr. Joe prides himself on providing safe, effective, and all-encompassing care for your treatment. If you have any questions about our practice or the surgery process, please contact Gryskiewicz Twin Cities Cosmetic Surgery for more information.